The secret to achieving a perfect spray tan has everything to do with preparing the skin before an appointment and maintaining the tan afterwards.
Before your session
× If you really need to take a shower before the appointment, take it 3 hours prior the session and rinse only.
× Shave, wax and exfoliate the skin at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. It’s important to allow the amino acids to reconstruct as DHA needs amino acids to develop. Also, the pores need time to close before applying the solution. Otherwise, the cosmetic bronzer can get soak into the pores.
× Exfoliate* the skin 2-4 times.
× Do not use lotions, oil based exfoliating products, gels or waxing/shaving creams. These could leave residue on the skin and deny the solution from developing correctly.
× Do not wear makeup, cream, sunscreen, perfume or deodorant.
× Moisturize the skin days prior the session (not the day of the appointment).
× The application can be done with or without undergarments or a bathing suit. Wearing baggy and dark clothes is recommended for after the session.
* Exfoliation is the MOST important tip to follow in order to achieve an optimal result that will lasts up to 10 days. The use of a simple exfoliating soap doesn’t suffice. A good scrub will allow the elimination of all the dead skin cells and impurities from the body. Pay attention to rough areas like the top of the feet, heels, ankles, elbows, armpits, knuckles, collarbones, etc.
After the session
× Wait 8 to 12 hours or 1 to 6 hours before showering, depending on the spray tanning solution used.
× Avoid activities that provoke sweating or any contact with liquid during the development period. If it's raining or snowing outside, wear long and covering clothes.
× Do not apply cream or makeup on the skin during the development period.
× If the session takes place in the evening, go to bed wearing long clothes.
× Rinse the whole body and face thoroughly to prevent the cosmetic bronzer (temporary layer) from leaking afterwards. Rinse until the water is clear. For the first shower, we recommend not using soap.
× Moisturize the skin daily with an appropriate lotion.
× Do not exfoliate the skin for the duration of the result. When the tan starts to fade, it’s essential to exfoliate the skin again in order to remove the old tan residue.
× Use soft facial cleansers. Avoid oily or exfoliating ones as well as brushes.
× Do not wax areas where solution has been applied. A delicate shaving may be done occasionally.
× Sweating excessively while sleeping or spending time in jacuzzis or saunas, taking long baths or showers on a daily basis, participating in activities that may cause excessive sweating can cause may cause the product to fade away faster.
1. The spray tanning process has been explained to me. I agree to allow a Spray Tanning Expert technician to apply the tanning solution to my skin.
2. To my knowledge, I do not have a medical condition or allergy which would preclude me from having a spray tan applied. I agree to hold harmless Spray Tanning Expert of any medical complication that may arise.
3. I understand that the result of spray tanning do vary and no specific results are offered.
4. I hereby release Spray Tanning Expert, as well as the spray tan technician and hold them harmless from any liability involved in the use of or arising during the tanning process.
Please complete the form below
**I have read and completely understand the terms and conditions of this form: